Loan Limits: (list not all-inclusive)
- Sacramento State Undergraduate Students: 50 items
- Sacramento State Graduate, Thesis, and Doctoral Students: 75 items
- Sacramento State Part and Full Time Faculty and Staff: 100 items
- Alumni, Community Users, Other CSU, and UC Davis: 15 items
The loan limit lists the maximum number of items that can be checked out on your account at any given time. Specific areas may have a maximum for their collection.
General Circulating Collection
General circulating items may be checked out by all users with a current OneCard or Library card. The loan period is based on your status. All general circulating items are subject to recall, which may change the due date of the item.
- Sacramento State Undergraduate Students, Alumni, Community Borrowers, UC Davis, and other CSU Students: 3 weeks, unless recalled.
- Sacramento State Graduate, Thesis, and Doctoral Students: Entire semester including intervening breaks & sessions, unless recalled.
- Sacramento State Part and Full Time Faculty and Staff: 180 days, unless recalled.
General Circulating items are automatically renewed for an additional loan period two days before the due date, providing:
- You do not owe fees of $10.00 or more,
- Your account is not blocked,
- The item has not been recalled (all items are subject to early recall),
- The item is not billed,
- The item has been checked out to you for less than four years.
You may also renew your items online at any time.
To Renew Online:
- Go to the Sacramento State Library Homepage at http://library.csus.edu.
- At the top right, select My Library Accounts & then OneSearch My Account.
- Select Sign In.
- Select the Loans option.
- To renew all items, select the Renew All option.
- To renew specific items, select Renew next to the item or check the box to the left of each title & select the Renew Selected option.
- Always be sure to Sign Out.
Course reserve items are designated by faculty for a 2-hour, 24-hour, 3-day or 1-week loan period, and can only be checked out by current Sacramento State students, faculty and staff. A maximum of two course reserve items may be checked out at one time.
2-hour items: Items are due two hours after the checkout time. Two-hour items may go out overnight two hours before closing. Books that go out overnight Sunday-Friday are due back the next morning at 9:00 a.m. Items checked out on Saturday are due back the next day at noon.
24-hour items: Items are due 24-hours after the check-out time. If the Library is closed during the hour the item is due back, the item must be returned one hour after the opening of User Services.
3-day items: All three-day items are due at the Library closing time on the third day after being checked out.
One-week items: One-week items are due at the Library closing time seven days after being checked out.
If a due date falls on a day the Library is closed, the due date is moved to 9:00 a.m on the next open day.
After an item has been returned, a user may check out the item again after a 15-minute waiting period, unless a second copy with the same loan period is available. Course reserve items cannot be renewed online and do not qualify for automatic renewals.
Laptops and VGA cables can only be checked out by current Sacramento State students. A student can checkout a maximum of one laptop and one VGA cable at a time.
Laptops and VGA cables are checked out for a maximum of 4 hours. Checkout stops 3 hours before closing and all laptops are due back before closing. Laptops and VGA cables are not checked out overnight.
Laptops and VGA cables must be returned by the person who checked them out. A OneCard is required for check-in.
Due to high circulation, laptops may only be renewed if another fully charge laptop or battery is available. VGA cables can be renewed provided another cable is available. Laptops and VGA cables must be renewed in person and do not qualify for automatic renewals.
It is your responsibility to keep track of due dates. Avoid overdue fees by monitoring your account regularly.
To check your due dates, select MY LIBRARY ACCOUNTS > Onesearch My Account on the Library webpage. Sacramento State Students, Faculty and Staff use their SacLink username and password to sign in. Community Users use the last 9 digits on their Library Card barcode and a password to sign in.